[Dailydrool] Hound Safety Product

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:24:55 PDT 2011

My mom worries about me walking Basil after dark, and I have a problem with
it too: he's all black, so if he steps in front or around me, I can't always
see him. We've been very lucky that I haven't tripped over him and broken my
neck yet...

Anyway, mom sent me a reflective leash similar to this:

leash -
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NC6IRM/ref=asc_df_B002NC6IRM1741896?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B002NC6IRM

And a collar like this one (it's not a collar you attach the leash to; just
a strip of fabric that you velcro around the neck along with their normal
collar or harness):
http://www.all-about-great-danes.com/reflective-dog-collar.html

They've been a big help and make me feel a lot safer. I also have one of the
big LED charms attached to our leash; it can be set to solid red or to flash
so traffic will see you even before their lights hit the reflective tape.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB