[Dailydrool] Could the tide of bad news be turning? Harry update!

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 10:20:46 PDT 2011

Ok.  So I am all prepared to say our final goodbye.  We put Harry’s paw print and tags in a stepping stone.  I stopped washing his bedding to retain the smell.  We videoed countless hours and took tons of pictures.  I even took him one last time to the dog park he used to romp at when he was younger.  And then....voila!  We go to the vet this week and....well....he’s better.  Not a ton and not where he should be but out of the “imminant danger zone.”  The meds are working to hold the devil at bay.  And Harry is, well, Harry again.  He’s refereeing the neighborhood dogs at play, he’s mooching snacks, he’s not panting or acting sad.  He’s back....maybe alittle subdued but there is a spark there.  I am cautiously happy.  : )

So, here we are.  Our life goes on.  Day by day.  I’m hoping to spend Christmas together.  But again, what will be will be.  He has a process going on that will eventually take him from us.  But for now, we are smiling again.

And the news of Nigel’s new outlook means that maybe....just maybe...the tide is turning.  Maybe the Bridge’s gates can close for awhile.  Maybe, just maybe, we have some sunny days ahead.

Laura and Harry Moravinski