[Dailydrool] Something wrong with my basset?

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 14 17:26:15 PDT 2011

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Well, my software release is all bundled up and ready to release so I decided to
do a me day today.  Yoga class and then ears and a bath for poor Snoopy who'd
been TWO WHOLE weeks without either due to my schedule (poor baby).  Then I got
cleaned up too and we got brushed (and Cyrus of course) and then we went to the
dog park.

Well as you know Snoopy loves the dog park and knows most everyone.  Today he
was mostly interested in playing fetch with Cyrus.  Cyrus has taught him very
well, he charges after the ball and he knows it does not matter who gets there
first and actually carries the ball back ... you just run after the ball and you
run back.  Now if YOU are the one who actually gets to the ball first (due to
momPerson faking Cyrus out and sneaking the ball your way) then you bring it
back and drop it at momPersons's feet and she throws it again and the whole game
starts over.  Great fun.  So they sniffed a few other dogs but mostly played
ball until they couldn't stand up anymore and then we left.  As we made our way
toward the gate a newby said to me ... "hey, is that a basset?"  and I said
yeah, he's a basset.  The the gentleman inquired "well, why is he so fluffy?
 And why isn't he bossing  around the other dogs.  And how in the world did you
get him to play fetch like that?  Bassets don't fetch and they do they don't
DROP the ball should they bring it near you.  What did you do to him?"

Whoops!

Did I damage my basset somehow?  I asked Natalie and she said "mom, you know the
lady on the drool who says her dog is a little boy in a basset suit?  Well, I'm
afraid yours is a lab in a basset suit."  Oh oh.  Well I've only ever had labs
before Snoopy ... he came home because he was too cute to leave there and you
all taught me how to care of him but ... ummm ... maybe I treat him like a Lab
by mistake???  The boys are curled up together asleep on the kitchen floor
because it's dinner time but they're still tired from the park.  Hummmmm
....maybe it's not my fault.  Maybe Cyrus is to blame.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  are we in big trouble here?

confused momPerson