[Dailydrool] Tybee & this & that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:46:51 PDT 2011

Tybee had the pin in his leg removed yesterday and is doing very well. I put
pills in small pieces of hot dog and generally have pretty good luck with
the hounds by doing that. Ty was happy to get the piece of hot dog with the
Tramadol last night and this morning so, if it tastes bad, he didn't care!
We are back to no running, jumping, no stairs, etc., etc. for the next two
weeks. It's so sad....right now he's on one side of the gate and Ginger is
on the other side staring at each other. She just loves this boy but I know
they'll ram if they're together so they will have to stay apart for a bit.
BaRCSE also went ahead and had x-rays done of Tybee's hips to see how bad
the dysplasia is and I'm very glad to say that he certainly is dysplastic
but there is no indication that surgery is going to be needed. I'm hoping
this is the last bad thing this sweet boy will ever have to have done and
the rest of his life will be wonderful!

Weight! UGH! I should control MY weight as well as I do the Houndettes!
Jersey and Ginger are our two that have a tendency to gain a little weight
if we're not careful. We have gone to a grain free food and throw in green
beans as a filler along with the yogurt, raw carrots and pumpkin they get
with their meals. They certainly get treats but I'm pretty careful of how
many and what kind of treats they get. At one point we were buying these
small treats and giving everyone a few at bed time. Wow, those little
suckers must have quite a calorie punch because everyone started gaining
weight! We NEVER give the Houndettes table scraps. Dogs need different
nutrients than people do plus we don't want them begging at the table so we
just don't give them left overs. I will definitely try to impress on the
family that adopts Tybee how important it's going to be to keep his weight
down so his hips don't have that stress added to make the dysplasia worse.

I was looking at Sandi Wittenberg's pictures of her buppies the other day
and said that, some day, I wanted to buy a buppy and start at the beginning.
Well, the DH looked at me and asked if I could really do that when there are
so many hounds that need homes. I just love this man! He's a true rescuer
through and through!

Yippee! BaRCSE is still in first place in the Shelter Challenge! We're neck
and neck with the other rescue but all of your votes are keeping us up
front. You guys are wonderful and I know we can win that prize. Thank you to
all of you for voting for BaRCSE!

The Houndettes and Tybee send heart healing drool mixed with prayers from me
to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster boy Tybee