[Dailydrool] Early pee warning-NOT

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Fri Oct 21 02:51:30 PDT 2011

As one who deals with the occasional hound accident(usually due to the heslave insisting the hounds work around his schedule) I thought I'd share what happened this past Sunday.

When I got home from the Metro Bash Glenn was upstairs taking a nap so I decided to check my e-mail after greeting the hounds.  Huggie Bear gave me a thorough sniffing, Clyde carefully checked out the scents on my shoes while Gracie glared at me even after a new toy was offered and the Queen snubbed me.  Huggie and the Queen started the afternoon campaign for dinner.  Let's see Glenn got home from the movies at 1:00 so I'm guessing the hounds haven't been out since then.  So I prepared the bowls, yum...chopped veg and raw meat.  I set the girl's bowls in their places and then start down the stairs to take Clyde his bowl.  Now, to preface what happens next I have to mention that one of Glenn's really annoying(to me) habits is having up to 3 televisions on when he's the only one home.  So he's napping upstairs with a TV on and the one in the family room is apparently on for Clyde's enjoyment.  So as I come downstairs with Clyde's bowl I am distracted by the tv and forget to scan the floor for any accidents-so was what happened next the fault of human(not me) or hound?  While walking toward the little bathroom where Clyde eats, I reach my free hand toward the remote when I hit the pee spot in my crocs which are deadly on a wet floor.  I slam my knees before landing solidly on my side in said pee spot(did I mention my back is already hurting?) on the ceramic tile floor.  I'm still gripping the food bowl which is now empty and the food is everywhere.  Floor, coffee table, chair, all  over me and poor Clyde is now frantically trying to find his dinner so that he can eat it before the rest of the hounds came downstairs.  I am a little stunned so I yell for Glenn who actually made it downstairs pretty fast.  He shut the gate and asked if I was okay.  Well, if okay means laying on the floor in a pee spot(after having changed clothes) with Clyde's food all over me and both knees throbbing then I'm good to go.  Nothing seems broken so I use the old lady crawl to the couch and haul myself up.  My revenge I suppose would be that while I headed to the shower Glenn had to do the cleanup in aisle 3, 4 & 5.