[Dailydrool] Comments about your dog's weight

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Fri Oct 21 09:09:36 PDT 2011

I have to chime in on this because I had my first experience with rude
comments from public idiots about a month ago regarding Sophie's weight.

I was at one of those end of summer car shows/festivals that was a
school district booster event for where I was raised.
I had Lucy and Sophie with me that weekend and thought it would a good
experience to get them out and about and it was a nice day.
I had my sister and her family, and my dad and his family with me.

I've been working hard on Sophie's weight for about the last 6 or so
months and have gotten her to lose 4 lbs.
Still have a few more to go.  She is ~67lbs.

However, at this festival, everyone that came up to us made the comment
about how fat she is.  Or "OH is SHE BIG."
And yes, sitting next to 4 month old Lucy, yes she does look big.  BUT.
Why do total strangers feel the need to blurb out this stuff.

I cannot tell you guys how upsetting it was to have all these jerks say
this, not knowing anything or how hard I'm working on this.

And I finally got to the point where I was snipping at the people,
dragging my dogs away from them and wanting to seriously knock out the
next person who said anything bad about my dogs.

I've never quite experienced anything like that and was really caught
off guard.
I still get mad thinking about it.

I would never walk up to someone and say "boy, your kid is fat" or boy
your kid is ugly or whatever.

But I tell you, I am mentally prepared for the next time someone from
the idiocy of the public ever says anything about my dogs again.

Love and drool to all,
Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo, Cash and Lucy

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.