[Dailydrool] Fat basset

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 15:12:00 PDT 2011

Yes, mine are a little hefty too since raising the puppies they would get whatever the puppies didn't eat at the time, but what is worse than the rude public, is rude dog people, especially basset folk. I was at the Nationals in Pittsburg 2007, I believe,and had to take Vinny with me since my husband doesn't do dogs while I 'm away. Vinny is from California ,and his line is built like Mack trucks to begin with,but with little 4 inch legs he looks heavier than he was back then.Some obnoxious women getting on an elevator just happen to be making comments about how "FAT" he was,I was good enough not to react to them, but shutting their little heads in the closing elevator door did cross my mind.I don't remember who you are but you were making fun of a beautiful boy with a dark mahogany head ,black back ,white belly , (sounds like it could be any one of a million) all stretched out on the marble floor of the hotel lobby and if that sounds familiar then  you should be ashamed of yourself. I really do not know of anyone that has had bassets for many years and hasn't had at least one with a bit of a weight problem.Vinny is 70 lbs ,he is not fat,his weight will always be around 70 lbs,he is a stocky boy. I am far more insulted by dog people making the comments than the public,dog people should know better or at least be more considerate.