[Dailydrool] Chiming in from FL

James Emma dariaemma at verizon.net
Fri Oct 21 15:25:19 PDT 2011

Hi everyone.  I want to send our heartfelt condolences to everyone
that lost a basset baby.  I have been lurking for the most part and
have tried to send individual messages but getting busy at work. If I
missed you, please know that we are thinking of you.
To all that have an ailing baby, we are sending lots of
aarrrooooossssss.  Tony doesn't drool unless there is a piece of
cheese or pizza crust in my hand.  I feel for all the babies that are
sick.  My mother had a basset that went down in back.  She was older
but we don't know exactly how old.  My mother took Roxie in after we
rescued her from a farm where she was used to breed.  A friend of mine
was loosely acquainted with the owners and said she was taking the
basset.  The owners just said "okay".  My mother nursed Roxie through
flea infestation. ear infection, spaying surgery and getting her
socialized.  Then the big C, mammary cancer.  When Roxie went down in
back, my mother picked up Roxie's rear section and propped her up so
she could do her business. It was the cancer that had Roxie failing
and my mother made the decision to send Roxie to the bridge. Mom now
has another basset wannabee, MiMi a Bichon.
Now a 6 month update on Tony.  We adopted Tony  after we lost Arnie.
Well, after I appealed to the Drool for help with his snapping twice
and actually breaking skin, he had 2 abscessed teeth removed and has
turned into a great guy.  No more snapping!!  Occasional snarking when
we have to dry his feet after torrential FL rain but nothing else. He
loves his walks and his 3 beds. I do need help though.  HE has NO IDEA
how to play.  No balls, no squeaky things!.  HE may play with
something for 30 seconds but then he's done.  I am persevering though
so hopefully, I'll be ablet o report that we played for at least 10
minutes.  LOL!

Take care everyone and belly rubs to all bassets,
Daria and Tony in FL