[Dailydrool] Welcome Tucker

Ross Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 07:45:42 PDT 2011

I picked up Tucker last night. He is the sweetest little love muffin of a Basset, about 5 yrs old. He was run over as a pup and had lots of reconstructive surgery including cutaneous drainage of his bladder. His urethra must have been crushed. The man died a couple of years ago and the wife didn't want to deal with diapers so the poor boy has been living outside for the last two years. The daughter in law finally convinced her to give him up so he could live inside somewhere.

His poor little belly is full of ulcers and urine burns. He is a love and quiet as a mouse. Just wants to sit and cuddle. Tucker wags his tail nonstop and has been making friends with everyone. Pearl yelled in his face, just so he could know she is the boss.

I'm putting desitin on the irritations to try and protect his skin and will try to track down the urologist on call - I already told him about Tucker. Maybe we can put a catheter in the fistula and drain that onto the pads, keeping the urine completely off his skin. I'd like to see what ideas he has at least.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce Tucker, the newest member of the pack. I hope to have photos later today.

We are sending drool for all the bodies and hearts in need....

Synthia,
Zuma (he's wearing girly diapers),
Kahuna (he's going to play with me!),
Pearl (I'm still in charge),
Tucker (I got to sleep inside, on a soft bed last night!)
 Cardiff (the more the merrier),
Griffin (another one of those short guys)

Sent from my Verizon iPhone