[Dailydrool] Man, oh man, here's one I bet we could do!!!

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 16:13:10 PDT 2011

So, I'm back again browsing at the Shelter Challenge site again. (Still it's telling me "you already voted today") so I looked more closely at the rules for the "Heartwarming Story" contest. The rules state a 300 word story with no graphic descriptions of pain or abuse about an animal rescued through one of the participating shelters. Judges will pick 10 finalists, each representing a different rescue organization. They will do this after Nov. 29. Then the ten stories will be posted on the site, and VOTERS will pick the story that wins $2000 for the shelter.

So I'm thinking, heavens, we could send in stories from a dozen different basset rescues. If we can get just one into the final 10, I bet we could pool drool power and get it to the top place. Elder Clara out the car window and from Bellyrubs to Debbie and then to the hearts of hundreds (proof in remembrance cards) raising money for the homeless hounds. Buster from unable to walk to becoming a spry nanny of rescue puppies down in Missouri. Dawn, I can't think of a specific Daphneyland hound, but I know I've laughed and cried over your stories. Holly Noelle and Bessie having their slaves drive cross country to escort them home. This sounds like a golden opportunity to me. Any takers?