[Dailydrool] toothless Emma!

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 28 15:14:25 PDT 2011

First off,  drool to Emma for her day at the dentist!

I hope you got them back so Emma could put them all under her pillow for the
Tooth Fairy!   They have to be good for a steak dinner, when she is feeling
better!

We know about toothless hounds here!   Seems like the old ones we get end up
losing at least 5 in an initial dental and probably each one has lost at
least 10 over the course of them being here and having routine dentals.  Not
sure if extractions are considered routine, but in our house,  it is.

We have a couple who have less than 20 teeth, and Buddy Love has 12.   I am
told, that dogs have 42 teeth,  Much more than we have,  but they also have
more jaw.  I have found that after some time, even the ones who are very
lacking in their teeth, have adapted, and can eat kibble just as easily as
the others.  I do moisten some of their food,  but also like to not add
gravy so they can get the benefit on the teeth that are left of eating
kibble.  On the other hand, the ones who are most toothless are Beagles who
pretty much never chewed anyhow..

I digress,  what I wanted to say is how remarkable these hounds recover from
numerous extractions!   I bet Emma will be feeling much better in a day or
two, am sure her mouth will be well healed within 2 weeks.    Me,  I would
be milking ten extractions for a month and a day.   And ours who have less
teeth, do not drool any more or less than they did before.  Sometimes their
little pink tongues slip out front more as they sleep,   I just find that
adorable!

Drool to all in need!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us