[Dailydrool] dentals

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:33:43 PDT 2011

Well,
Since I am back, I will chime in about this.  Max lost two teeth recently, not from decay, just funky, and Nigel will lose one next week.  Three going in for dentals next week.
About eating with few teeth, Mom has only 5 teeth on the lower jaw.  At the nursing home, they puree her food, but at Assisted Living they did not, and she ate just fine.  In fact, now, while Mom is at the Nursing home, I sometimes bring her unpureed  food items, and she eats it very well.  Her gums are hardened, and her swallow reflex is still intact.  (Gross, we found her dentures in the toilet, such the way of dementia, and I was advised to let it go, not fit her for new ones.)
I put two flannel sheets by the the exit door to the in and out pen for the hounds.  Made my riding the muddy paws mop  much less serious.  I am not kidding.  I am going to be clean freak for a while, and I may even start selling crap on ebay.  I have two of those basset christmas trees from Danbury mint.  Not sure I want to part with one or both yet, but there is a chance.  Typically, I give stuff away all the time.  I am thinking about this.....

Healing drool to all in need,
Jax and the herd