[Dailydrool] tough dog decisions

RGeyer5165 at aol.com RGeyer5165 at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 18:24:12 PDT 2011

my first basset was a handsome--no--gorgeous--little guy i got from  two
ladies who advertised in the phila newspaper for a home for dogs...they
required vet referrals, and acted as a go between a family who had a dog to
rehome and a ...he was sweet as sugar, most of the time, but when i wanted him
to do something that didn't please him he could turn vicious...after several
 incidents my husband and i were preparing to go out for the evening, Sam
had  been walked and given a treat and as we opened the door to leave he
darted out,  growling all the way...when my husband caught him he bit down hard
and that made  the decision for us...what would we ever do if he got loose
and went after a  child...i cried all the way to the vet's the following day,
and we put him  down...don't think either of us ever got over that...so i
understand your grief  all too well

Rene'e

In a message dated 10/30/2011 8:44:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,