[Dailydrool] Mean bassets

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:03:17 PDT 2011

I have never seen an episode of basset rage but I have lived with a mean
basset.  Sunny was our resident mean girl for over eleven years.  She would
bite and growl and fight.  But she was just mean.  If you did anything she
didn't like, she got mad.  She had been abused before we got her we think.
She hated people wearing white, white shoes, feet and brooms.  She was a
beautiful basset but she was nasty a lot of the time.  I would have gotten
rid of her if there had been someone who would have taken her.  She didn't
like anyone except my oldest son.  She and Josh were both grumpy.  She
would do anything he wanted and she didn't grouch at him because he
grouched back.  She is in his Senior pictures.  That crabby old girl went
to the photography studio and sat like a princess while getting her picture
taken.

She was mean the whole time we had her.  We thought lots of love would fix
that and it never did.  She just couldn't forget the things that were done
to her.  She eventually died of old age.  She was a learning experience and
I have the scars to prove it.

Drools.