[Dailydrool] Eating dirt

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Wed Oct 5 10:34:37 PDT 2011

This is Bugsey chiming in on the topic of eating dirt.  I love dirt (sung to the tune of "I Love Trash" by Oscar from Sesame Street).  When I am not eating dirt, I eat mulch.  We have 5 hazelnut trees in the backyard and I eat hazelnuts too.  The DH has this really stupid rule about not digging in the mulch and tearing up the landscape fabric (which I eat as well).  The dirt under the landscape fabric is THE BEST.  When the DH yells at me for digging in the mulch, I give him a dirty look (if I could flip him off I would) and tell him I will go eat hazelnuts until he cools off.  Fortunately, he and the Mom slave have been raising bassets for over 20 years and I am number 9.  So instead of ending up in rescue, they run in the house and laugh where they think I can't hear or see them.

There seems to be this other stupid rule about not bringing the mulch and the landscape fabric into the house to chew.  The punishment is that the Mom slave opens my mouth and takes it away.  Apparently she hasn't looked outside.  There is plenty more where that came from.  Sometime I manage to get it in the house without her noticing and get to chew on it for a while.

I leave all kinds of floaties in the water when I drink.  This really grosses out Beauford.  He always gives the DH and the Mom slave dirty looks when this happens.  It makes me laugh.  Why do they get the dirty looks, they didn't leave the floaties in the bowl.  He knocks it off the car mat (to contain all the slobber) when it isn't fit for hound consumption.  He is VERY picky about his water.

Our beloved Louise was a rescue and she thought you were supposed to drink from the toilet instead of the water bowl.  Gross!  She gave the parents dirty looks about that too.  We still miss her!  That is why the Mom slave tells us to drool for all the sick and dying hounds every day.  We know how very sad it makes one's heart ache.

In case you are wondering, I never get the typewriter.  Beauford is older than me and he says I can't type until the brown truck comes, but today he is wrapped in a blanket and he can't get his paws out.  Besides, he only eats some hazelnuts, no mulch and no dirt.

Bugsey, the handful, but wonderful 16 month buppy to the momslave Jennifer and Beauford