[Dailydrool] A dog food story

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Oct 22 19:29:37 PDT 2011

It sounds like Nancy's Tina is like my Holly --- have you ever known any
people who do not like to eat, who tell you they only eat because they have
to?  I know several, and that's Holly, she really doesn't like to eat much
of anything.  Except canned cat food, she likes that.  Treats - we turn our
head or get up and walk away.

My girls get fed twice a day, morning and evening, plus a treat right before
bed.  Well, Holly and I have this ritual that we go through at every meal of
every day.  She comes running when I put down her bowl, looks at it, then
sits down and stares at the bowl, then at me, then the bowl, then me again.
So I tell her to eat your breakfast/dinner Holly.  Then she gives me this
totally disgusted look, like she is saying what kind of garbage is this???
Then I say  Eat Holly! and I go to the sink and start rinsing out the bowl
we prepared the food in.  Once I turn the water on and turn my back so that
I can't see the accusing stares, Holly starts eating.  And cleans her bowl
and licks it totally clean.

Every now and then we have a day when she refuses to eat breakfast.  Nothing
wrong, no sick tummy, if I offer the girls something tasty like a bite of
pound cake or a little hunk of sausage she will eat that, just won't eat her
breakfast.  So I pick up her bowl before Anna the Pig can get to it, cover
it and put it in the fridge for dinner.  I don't understand people/dogs that
don't like to eat, I just don't get it.  Of course Holly is always lean and
trim, just like people who don't like to eat are always skinny.  Gracie,
Anna and I are not lean, trim or skinny.  We like to eat.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net