[Dailydrool] Dog bed advice

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Oct 22 21:53:35 PDT 2011

I don't have any suggestions about where to buy a reasonable-priced dog bed.
BUT I do have a suggestion for anyone who has a dog that is incontinent, or
getting old and not overly reliable at night.  Do a search for waterproof
bed pads.  You'll probably end up at NexTag or another shopping site, with
several options available to you.  What you are looking for are bed pads
that are used in nursing homes and hospitals, they're thin, absorbent,
waterproof, and you pick them up and throw them in the washer and use them
over and over.  Here's one good place I found to buy them:
http://www.nursinghomeapparel.com/shop/product997.html

You can buy pads like these at Petsmart and Petco (they call them crate pads
and they have little doggie pictures on them), but they charge a ridiculous
amount for them.  Like $30 to $40 each, and the nursing home supply is only
charging $7.00 each.  Look around on this site and others, the pads come in
several sizes.  I used these pads for several of my dogs that were old and
ill, and they work great.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net