[Dailydrool] Picky Eater

Nancy nancykay9 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:10:58 PDT 2011

Pam and all,

I've posted a couple of times recently about Tina -- first about her
being a picky eater, and then about her eye problem.

Well, we are pretty sure the two issues are related!

We've been treating her uveitis for this past week (yes, round-the-clock
at first), with ophthalmic corticosteroids and with pain meds, and she's
now eating fine! When we took her for her follow-up eye check on Friday,
the vet told us a story about another of her clients whose dog wouldn't
eat, and the owners presumed it was some sort of gastritis. Our vet
found an ulcer in its eye, treated it, and the eating issue went away.
She said, "Imagine having your eye hurt, and then you have to lean down
to stick your head in the bowl, which makes it hurt even more. You
wouldn't want to eat, either."

So, maybe Dexter's eye problems are contributing to his finickiness . . .

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank, and Tina, not a picky eater any more