[Dailydrool] rageful bassets

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 13:23:03 PDT 2011

When I was a teenager, we had a St. Bernard like this. We had always had
Saints, and they really were saintly so it was quite a shock. She was like
this from puppyhood. Because my father was a doctor and the vet was a good
friend of his, they couldn't leave it alone and did a full MRI and
ultrasound (not so strange nowadays, but pretty unheard of 25 years ago.)
It turned out that she had a massive inoperable brain tumor. She was put
down without waking from the sedative.

It's hard to let go, but sometimes it really is best for the dog - it may
not be psychological problems, but very painful neurological ones.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB