[Dailydrool] Nightmares

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 31 10:14:33 PDT 2011

Dear Kimi and Edmond,

This is Snoopy.  MomPerson pulled me from the dog pound in January.  Cyrus says
he came from there years and years ago.  There have been others along the years
too ... but I never met them.  Anyway, when you come to a home from the dog
pound in January you just want to be warm.  And then when you get warm you start
to notice you are hungry.  Maybe a little bit thirsty.  And you'd like someplace
clean to lay down.

The weeks go by and the cough goes away and you decide the big black lab isn't
going to try to hurt you so then maybe you want to play with some toys.  Ok,
maybe all the toys.  And a treat would be nice.  And maybe, just maybe, a
cuddle.  OK, let's snuggle.  And then .....

You get just a little bit scared.  What if .... what if .... what happened to me
.... why?  Could it happen again?  To me?  I scattered trash up and down the
hall and momPerson called me a bad dog ... what if she doesn't love me anymore?
And you start to remember .... little bits ... and in quiet moments and
especially sleepy times ... you might feel kinda sad and confused.  And those
times come more and more often for a while and then ... they come less and less
often until...... tada .... you just don't think about it hardly ever any more.

This morning I am snarky because it's cold outside in the mornings now (40s) but
still warm in the afternoon (70s) and Snoopy is inconvenienced because he has to
go potty first thing in the morning and he winds up freezing his you know what
to be a good boy.

Hang in there Edmond. A freezing cold you know what first thing in the morning
is the worst thing that has happened to me in a long, long time.

Soft snooter kisses from Snoopy.