[Dailydrool] My Chance suffered from numerous allergies.

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 23:01:08 PDT 2011

I see every once in awhile folks discussing allergies. My Chance almost died by the time he was 6 months old.
he was a rash on his entire under carriage, his throat would swell when he ate and he had hots spots. He came to us at 2 months of age,
The end of June, we had 5 very large birch trees in our yard. We found out [through major testing] he was allergic to , you guessed it, Birch Pollen,
grass, [which always touched his belly, He was deathly allergic to wheat, corn, dairy. the food allergies were easier to control, [once we know what they were]
The grass, we used destin and baby powder or cornstarch everytime he was outside. he was allowed only in the house in areas that were covered to prevent his gooping them up.
but I lived with the occasional stain, because he was able to play and not scratch himself to near bleeding from the itch. He was on Benedryl, usually, Prednisone more as more allergies appeared.
but I would do it all over again.
Good luck with your furkids.
Martha, and Molly Bob
Sherlock ATB, Chance ATB, and Rex ATB