[Dailydrool] Stuart's new trick

don/jan cook tudor2 at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 12 15:35:57 PDT 2011

Stuart has always been really good at stopping himself (and me) in his tracks when he wants to smell something particularly delicious. He plants those big front feet and puts his body behind them. Full body press!
Today there was a dog that went down a different path than where we were heading on our walk, so he planted his feet to let me know he wasn't heading my way.
I turned to see what he was up to, and he very casually tilted his head in one direction and got his collar off one side, and tilted it the other way........... and I am left walking a collar!
Meanwhile the Bldhnd is off doing his thing and off leash as well. Got him rounded up easily (he actually pays attention)
and off we go to find Stuart. He is sniffing happily away just a few yards down the path, he had already forgotten he was going to visit another dog.
It was a smooth move, that head twist....... very inventive.
That's my Stuart!
Jan