[Dailydrool] Phase I - the Choppers

Synthia and Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:41:09 PDT 2011

Pearl took the trip to MA today, met the surgeon. I'm waiting to get the official call, but checked a couple of hours ago and Pearl had just come out of surgery. She had the holes in her palate closed and her lower canines cut down, root canals done and capped because they were poking holes in the upper gum line (after the upper canines were removed for infection last April). She should be able to eat better than she has in a very long time and once healed, all mouth pain should finally be gone. A very new experience for this girl. Her mouth has hurt in one way or another for years.
Depending on how the surgery schedule goes, she will be spayed, have her mammary tumors removed and her stomach tacked either tomorrow afternoon if we are lucky or Thursday for sure. Won't know until later in the day tomorrow if it will happen. We couldn't get things coordinated with the ophthalmologist - some scheduling issues that were handled poorly, long story - so her entropion will be done sometime later here at home. They may not get all the mammary tumors at once as it will depend on how much skin they need to take, requiring another surgery for that anyway, so they eyes and belly will be finished in a month or two.
It is very quiet without the bellowing princess here and it will be a very long week. I hope they are spoiling her like she deserves...
Synthia, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl (MIA), Cardiff the Saint and Griffin the Newf