[Dailydrool] Allergies and stuff

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:19:30 PDT 2011

Maggie has allergies and they can get bad sometimes.  Mainly she has them at
the end of summer as in now.  We have not had the testing done.  It depends
on which vet you talk to as to the effectiveness.  The vet we go to for
illnesses said that testing might help her.  There are no food allergy tests
for dogs according to the vet so yu have to do that by elimination.  We have
tried the brewer's yeast and garlic.  IT DID NOT WORK.  I finally broke down
and took her in.  She had some flea bites which she is allergic to. He
believes she is allergic to pretty much most things that grow in the yard.
The vet we go to for yearly shots said that at best the allergy shots are
only about 50% effective and very expensive.  She said that unless a
dog suffers year round that a bout of predinsone and antibiotics will do
about as much to calm her down as the shots would.  I don't know what to
think.  If I was made out of money I would have the testing done but I just
can't.  I have boys who continue to dumb boy things like hit the pavement
with their faces after falling off of a motorcycle and things like that.
They also hit things with my tires and pop them and the rims.  You know,
that fun stuff that costs tons of money.  Anyway, Marley is feeling much
better and they all have the flea preventive now and no more natural stuff.
I wish that would have worked for us but it didn't.  The vet said this is
the worst year he can remember for fleas because of all the rain we got in
the spring and early summer.

I am now just hoping that this week will have no disasters either pet or kid
made.

Mom with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby.  The kitty boys are watching and
waiting.