[Dailydrool] Thoughts on shelter challenge, and terrific basset crap

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 11:35:43 PDT 2011

I was thinking about the next shelter challenge. I think one of the keys to winning is coming on really strong right out of the gate, as we did last go-around with Looziana. The percentage votes changed very little after the first week of the challenge (I don't think they were updated very often). What I think happened was that many of the competitor rescues looked at how far Looziana was ahead and stopped putting their all into their own voting, deciding to wait til the next go-around. (Of course, the opposite response is also possible--I think Wynne voted all the harder when we were pushing Ozark--but in general, I think a strong early showing does wonders). So let's all be there for BARCSE the first week in October especially. Remember, if you are computer challenged as am I, it's still easy to vote. Just type "Shelter Challenge" into your search web slot. The Vote for site will come up on the list. Click on it and enter the rescue name and state, hit
 vote; then a confirmation page comes up and you copy some letters and numbers and hit confirm. From that day forward, the rescue you voted for will automatically come up the next time you visit the site.

And speaking about helping out basset rescues, have you checked out all the fabulous packages being offered in the WMBRI woofle? If not, visit http://bassets2.moonfruit.com/ Many wonderful offerings--Even a basset friendly vacation home package. Don't miss out on these opportunities.