[Dailydrool] Wendie and other tidbits

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 15:29:43 PDT 2011

Momma of the infamous Bad A** Basset Brothers here: Ruger the Director of ASTT has ordered me...his secretary to send out an Official ASTT Update since I have recovered from my recent injury.
The Injury: I was sent to the Immediate Care Clinic on the 16th with a dog bite to my right hand and arm. Both hounds were very upset when I got home with my blood all over my clothes and my hand all wrapped up.  Colt would not leave my side for the rest of the day. It was nothing major. I was in the outside yard & trying to move a dog from one play area to another.  He decieded he didn't want to go, stopped, planted himself and then crocodile rolled with my hand in his collar. Trapping my hand and choking himself.  He was just nipping at me to get me off of him but unfortunetly he had my hand firmly trapped. (believe me, he wasn't trying to hurt me...if so there would have been broken bones since this dog had huge strong jaws) Finally he lost consciousness enough to quite biting and squirming so that I could use my left hand (a good trick since I am right handed) to pop the quick release buckle. (Thank doG he had a quick release buckle!!!)  Anyhowl...it took a second or two for us both to gather or wits...I went in to get someone to help me...I thought that I had killed him.  But when I opened the door the dog was by my side wagging his tail...(thank God & doG!!!) It wasn't until Kathy my co-worker rushed over and dragged me to the vet clinic that I realized that i was bleeding.  Washed the wound and our office manger took me to the Immediate Care peoplespital. After 2 weeks my hand and arm look like I lost a fight with a rose bush & the joints are a little sore...but no infection, nothing broken!

The Botherz: Both hounds are doing fine.  Ruger is still having some minor belly breakouts due to the itchycide attacks of the squirrels (allergies).  But with zytec, wipe downs and gold bond powder we have it under control. The boyz are looking forward to fall with cooler temps, walks around the neighborhood to greet all their adouring fans, and being able to be outside without the itchies.  Ruger states that he & Colt are still battling the squirrelistans and Rat-al-ban.

Wendie: Wendie we hope that you get well soon.  Colt & Ruger have broke out the chicken and liver jerky to produce only the most powerful healing drool for their Auntie Wendie. Also Ruger woofed: "as director of ASTT hereby order you to rest & recooperate and do as Pat and the doctors tell you!...so that you can heal properly heal and so you can get better as fast as possible in order to take care of the Bounders.They need their Wendie slave!"  Colt sends big healing wet sloppy kisses.

Heart healing drool to everyone who has lost a hound lately...May they live forever in the magic of your memories.

To all the droolers...Droolerz Rulez!!!
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "I should kick that doggies butt that bite my momma"
Ruger "Obviously she needs more slave training...doggie didn't want to go in that play area & she shouldn't have tried to make him"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...