[Dailydrool] It's a Basset Hound!

Elizabeth Harmon harmone at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 29 06:24:50 PDT 2011

My Maggie is a mahogany basset with just a patch of white on her chest.  I wish I had a dollar for every time we have heard "look at that big ol weiner dog" when we are out walking.  Maggie just ignores the mistaken person, but I will usually tell them that she is a basset hound.  Maggie just trots along with her don't hate me cause I'm beautiful look on her beautiful face.  I just wonder who has ever seen a 55 pound weiner dog.  Someone asked me one time if she was a basset-redbone mix.  Very few people have know that she is a basset.  Most of them either own or have owned a basset.  I am constantly being told how pretty she is.  Like she doesn't know that!

Elizabeth
Maggie, what's a weiner dog?
Eddie the wannabe, I like cheese