[Dailydrool] Fleas

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Sat Sep 17 11:00:46 PDT 2011

When we got Buddy as a rescue, he was full of fleas and his skin was flaky and he was licking and scratching. His tail and groin were brown from the licking. I did the capstar and a couple of different flea pills and shampoos and picked them off him with a fine tooth comb into a sudsy water soultion. Finally he was clean and he remains clean after a whole year. The worms have been a different challenge. He had several kinds and then this year Giardia. Now it is allergy licking and biting of feet and scooting, even after his anal cleaning. I am giving him probiotics and omega 3 & 6 as well. That after several weeks of steroids and foot sprays that gave only temporary relief. I am giving Benadryl and using a foot spray and got a new shampoo. The pet store costed almost as much as the vet and I am still worrying about his feet. He seems better the last couple of days. It is just hit and miss.