[Dailydrool] Adopting LuLu

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Apr 2 15:06:45 PDT 2012

Oh, Dale, didn't we ever warn you that once you adopt a dog, she knows it and will take advantage of her new status? (It's true of boys, too, didn't Snoopy do this?) Once they know they are not going anywhere, they are free to do whatever they like. The human has no say in it.

All your power is in those first few months of fostering. If you foster longer than that, they will decide they are home for good, and it will be all over, even if you haven't signed the papers.

We have adoption papers for both Holly and Dexter. I'm waiting for a check before we sign on the dotted line and make if official. If the two of them decide to be even more bossy than they already are, I'm not sure how I will handle it. But since they've been here for so long, they already are sure they are home, so they boss me about mercilessly, unless I stand firm.

Have a good time standing up for your rights. Given the opportunity, bassets will act as if you don't have any at all. If I didn't insist that they get fed after we do, I'd have no power at all.
Pam, food slave to the bossy Dashing Bassets