[Dailydrool] Drool needed for Truman

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:39:00 PDT 2012

Dear Drool Friends

I need drool for Truman, my young (6) basset hound.  He suffered a back
injury and had been just lying on the floor on the 26th of March.  He went
to the vet when we got home from Heidi's beach house. The vet did xrays,
much feeling and poking around, and they did a full blood panel.
Truman had gotten a little better by yesterday, but was still not very
mobile when I got home from Seattle.  So, we quickly drove him to the vet's
office again.  Luckily, our favorite vet for 20 years, Dr. Mills, was
there.  He said that it was probably a pulled muscle and tight muscles
around his spine. Truman had been given muscle relaxers, but now Dr. Mills
also recommended massage, water therapy, and possibly acupuncture.

So Friday Truman has has first water therapy appointment.  I've seen videos
of many dogs in water therapy treatment.  If you've done it for your dog,
please let me know who it went.

I myself have had acupuncture for back strain.  I helped me.  I'm going to
investigate for Truman as well.

As back surgery costs thousands of dollars, I'm hoping that Truman has no
spinal stenosis or disk damage to his disks.  The Dadperson has brain
surgery (we knew he was slightly off, bwahahahah) coming up in Sacramento
soon.  Too many sick boys around here. The Dadperson's surgery is m
inimally invasive and hopefully will help his tremors.

Truman: he may have tremors, but he still can pet me!

Janice with Truman, Roland, and Data the Pesky Dawg

--
Janice Henry Colvin