[Dailydrool] DROOL PLEASE

Sandra Probola sprobola at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 4 10:26:53 PDT 2012

I have been in contact with Helena Poist about adopting a dog she got at an
auction a couple of weeks ago.  Helena told me the one I was to get was
"unsocial" - meaning very scared and wanting to run every chance she got.
They had to double-leash.  Helena's suggestion was to put her with a foster
mom for a couple of weeks to see how she would do.  She was spayed and
transported to a foster mom.  She came to the foster mom who noticed she
seemed a bit lethargic.  She also noticed a couple of lumps near her
incision so she wanted to take her to the vet on Monday.  I believe it was
Sunday morning, the foster mom discovered her incision had come open and
some of her intestines were exposed.  She immediately wrapped her in a wet
towel and took her to emergency.  She had surgery to repair her incision and
put back her intestines.  She is back with the foster mom now who says she
is such a sweetheart, but it is still touch and go as far as the intestines.
The vet noticed dark blood in her stool and said it could be a ruptured
blood vessel or her intestines starting to die.  She is also not putting
weight on her back foot so they are thinking maybe hip displaysia?  Call me
crazy, I never met this basset, but I feel so drawn to her - I pray she will
be okay and can be transported to me for a loving life.   I am asking for
all the drool you can give - she deserves a chance at a good life.  No
telling what she went thru at the puppy mill before Helena picked her up.
Her foster mom is Sandie Martin who is a saint and keeps me updated.  Sorry
for the long post, but please give her the drool she needs to survive.

Sandy

Mom to Lucy and

ATB - Arthur, Bowser, Rosie, Kipper