[Dailydrool] Commotion at our house

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 4 10:43:39 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's me,

Well .... princess LuLu started itching on Sunday and I found a little tender
spot on her rump and put some polysporin on it and it settled down.  Then on
Monday she started on her haunch.  Evidently the haunch was irrisistable and she
chewed it raw in spite of my attempts to clear it with polysporin.  Last night
when I came home from work it was red and a little blood and oozy so I called
the vet and they couldn't fit her in last night so they said put more polysporin
on it and don't let her chew and bring her around in the morning.

Well, Snoopy went into a panic when I tried to leave with her this morning.
Noooooooooooo ... my LuLu .... nooooooooooooooooo where are you going
nooooooooooooooooooo.  I managed to grab his collar and push him back in the
house and was on my way.  We went to the vet ... who decided LuLu had a hot spot
caused probably by a bug bite and way too much chewing.  So they shaved the spot
and she has powder to keep it from itching and antibiotics to keep it from
turning into a skin infection and home we came.  And that is when we heard the
story.

It seems that Snoopy was rather dramatic in our absense.  He started out with
very sad ahrooooooo's.  Sad, and also very persistant.  Did I mention Natalie
has a late start on Wednesdays?  Well, she tried to leave for the school bus and
guess who shoved her down and charged out the door on a mission to find his
LuLu?  Just guess!  You guessed, huh?  Well, my husband had a shot yesterday so
he is quite weak today.  Natalie didn't even tell him.  He said he noticed that
suddenly Snoopy was quiet (because he wasn't even here).  And I wasn't here.
So, Natalie (bless her heart) went after Snoopy and spent the next 20 minutes
chasing him around the neighborhood.  She eventually caught him.  I don't know
the details but I'm betting she finally started crying and he came back to
comfort her.  It's happened before.  And then she brought him home and told her
dad what happened.  Of course she missed the bus but he got up and managed to
drive her to school.

All while LuLu and I were taking care of her hot spot.  We came home and Snoopy
AND Cyrus inspected every inch of LuLu.  They are all asleep now.  Even my
husband.  And I'm working.  Dogs!  Well... they are probably dogs.  At least,
Cyrus is certainly a dog.

Sheeeh

More later from the clueless momPerson.