[Dailydrool] schucks

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:17:09 PDT 2012

I did not want to rehome this dog.  I did not want to rehome this dog.  I really, really did not want to rehome this dog, but a wonderful opportunity came his way, and I thought it only fair to let him go forward in an environment where he will have a better chance of not eventually be at the ugly side of a battle.
Long story short, a receptionist at the Vet called first thing this morning to ask if I would consider letting one of the tech's Mom adopt Oliver.  When Gina first approached me a couple of months ago about then named Bandit, and Lisa posted a small sign in the office.  The tech's Mom had just lost her greyhound rescue after a two year battle with cancer.  Evelyn has a history of owning beagles, and she was really sad to have no dog in the house.  Oliver was starting to push buttons on the snarky hounds here, and I told Lisa if it was all right with his former Mom, I would go along with it.  I went to see Gina, and she all but convinced me that I should keep him, because I was already crying cos that little beagle is already under my skin.  But when I got home, and we had everyone in the yard, Max and Oliver started really going at it, and my sister and I got it stopped before any damage was done.  I went back to Gina, and we finally jointly decided to let Oliver go forward.
I brought him to his new home a little while ago, and I was crying  again.  But when Oliver, and they are going back to his old name, Bandit, started running and playing with Stephen, Evelyn's grandson, Bandit was beaming.  He was having so much fun running with the boy.  Evelyn's son lives next door, and they have a beagle mix, so he will have the best of all worlds.  Large fenced yard, kids to play with, another (just one) dog to play with, no crate time (in his previous house, he was crated 13 hours a day).
I cried on my way home, and when I got home, my sister was crying.  She said no more fosters.  Geez, I was just a middle person.  I never sought this dog, and never sought to rehome this dog, and the week he was here he touched us deeply.  Now he has to heal a sad woman who lost her beloved grey hound.  The world works in mysterious ways.
It is just so like what Pierre Sr. would do.
Healing drool to all in need.
Nigel is getting better and he sends thanks for all the drool.
Can anyone say WINE??
Jackie and the bassets forever touched by one damn great beagle