[Dailydrool] tick prevention

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Fri Apr 13 05:06:46 PDT 2012

At one time, we used Frontline but quit using it a couple of years ago
because it didn’t seem to be working very well anymore.  Last year, we
switched to Advantage 2 (we have kitties that like to groom the bassets).
We have treated the bassets with the Advantage 2 a couple of weeks ago
because it has already been so warm and we wanted to make sure we headed
any flea problems off before they got started.  Now we have seen a couple
of ticks.  Advantage doesn’t work for ticks.  I have found an insect
repellant collar tag that supposedly protects pets from fleas, ticks, and
mosquitoes using your pet’s own bio-energetic field to repel pests.  100%
natural protection – no chemicals, toxins or pesticides.

Has anyone ever tried one of these things and did it work?  I am all for
natural, chemical-free  ways to do things, but these tags are $70 to $80
apiece.  That is a pretty significant investment for three dogs without
having any idea if they really work.

                Alicia, Flo, Gabe and Liz