[Dailydrool] Life with a puppy

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Fri Apr 13 05:07:34 PDT 2012

Bugsey here. Just thought I would update everyone on how things are going with the puppy. First of all, I am glad to here that LuLu is playing with toys, but Snoopy, you better watch out! Browyn chewed the leg off my Easter bunny from last year. Now it is sitting in the stuffed animal hospital waiting for the surgeon (mom) to stitch it back up. I am NOT a happy camper. Browyn doesn't get that we are supposed to sleep at night. All night. She likes to get up and get a drink, play, maybe pee. Mom is working on this. She used to make us get up with Browyn, but now we don't have to if we don't want to. Browyn used to get treats for going out in the middle of the night. Not any more. Mom still verbally praises her. Personally I think that is more than she deserves. The night is for sleeping!

Browyn likes to play all day. She has even learned how to scream bloody murder while biting us on the lip or ear! At first mom thought we were hurting the little princess.  Then she figured out the little one's game. We aren't sure why she screams like that. It is a little unnerving. I blame Beauford. He is the noisiest wrestler there is. Only he growls. He doesn't scream. One day Browyn will figure it out. When she finally gets tired, she likes to flop on me. Not Beauford. Me. As long as she doesn't try to take over my mom's lap, I really don't care.

Apparently little princesses have to cry themselves to sleep when they get put in their crate. That is rather annoying too. Mom takes no pity on me. She says I cried way worse. I don't remeber this. So, she must be making it up. Beauford says he remembers. He is making it up too.

All I know is I don't have any toys any more. Browyn has taken them all over and she sometimes shares with me. She thinks she has to go everywhere with me and can't go anywhere alone. Mom says I am supposed to be flattered. At least the brat doesn't try to eat my food any more and she waits for her bowl. She has even learned you have to sit and wait for your bowl and not jump into it. So we are making progress.

Later, Bugsey with Beauford, Browyn and the momslave Jennifer