[Dailydrool] Treats from China

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Apr 13 05:27:23 PDT 2012

 Years ago, back when the China problem was a lot newer, I bought some sweet potato treats for the hounds while Drew and I were traveling. They were supposed to be a "sorry we were away" peace offering. Instead, they became a miserable payback, as all the hounds got diarrhea from the treats. I think I had to take all three dogs to the vet's before things cleared up. A big bill for such an inexpensive package of treats.

At that point I wrote all treats from that country off the menu, and no one has gotten sick like that again.

It's sad that so many dog treats come from a place that evidently cares little about the health of animals. If the feds won't do anything serious about the problem, we need to: We can boycott any treats from China, in defense of our animals. That's the only way the message will ever get through--the power of money is incredible.

Of course, I probably wouldn't trust treats from China in my lifetime, but maybe someday the message will get through and treats will be safe.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets