[Dailydrool] Pw Penny and the cyst

Diana Grove dianaegrove at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:26:40 PDT 2012

Eleri

I would explain to the vet that you are very nervous about general anaesthesia and ask if he could do it under local anaesthesia with sedation/tranquillisers thrown in.  Our Poppy had a huge lump removed from her side that way years ago.

If that doesn't work out, you might use Orospray, which is what we used to use on Lucy's back when the basal cell carcinoma broke through into open wounds which wouldn't heal.  It is a yellow spray powder which the vets often use after surgery to prevent infection.  I think it is actually made in France by Vetoquinol.  Our vets were also afraid of fly strike.

Diana.