[Dailydrool] And yet more on Frontline, and chewables

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 17:54:18 PDT 2012

Our vet and our local humane society both used to have maps in their offices  showing areas of our county where Frontline was no longer effective and areas where it still worked fine. I was told that fleas in some areas had developed immunity, not others.  Our vet stopped carrying Frontline a year or so ago and switched to Comfortis. The heartworm medicine used around here is Sentinel (which is supposed to also kill fleas, except that it doesn't). Both medicines are supposedly chewables--except that neither of my dogs would dream of chewing them (or swallowing them for that matter), so I end up chopping the pills into teensy pieces and embedding them in soft cheese, which does the trick fine for getting them gobbled down.