[Dailydrool] Bug Prevention

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 06:16:41 PDT 2012

We don't have much trouble with fleas and ticks, but the gnats, mosquitoes
and biting flies are just terrible!  I am glad to hear Marlene say that you
can be allergic to gnat bites because my guys are just miserable with them
and the mosquitoes.  I don't think anyone likes biting flies whether you
are allergic or not.  Anyway, we use heartguard.  Then I use Vectra.  I
LOVE VECTRA!  Yes, it does cost more than Advantax.  But, there are some
really big advantages to it.  It doesn't smell.  The smell of the Advantax
makes my eyes run.  It also doesn't make me break out in a rash.  It also
doesn't leave an oily streak on the dog.  I put it on the dogs after they
eat and just before they go in their crates for the evening.  When they
wake up in the morning, it is completely dry and you can't tell where I put
it on them.  The vet says that it is fully absorbed better even when the
skin layer is not perfect.  All I know is it doesn't make me or the dogs
sick, it repels the stinking biting bugs, and it isn't tied into the
heartworm pill.  I only use it as needed, not by the calendar.  I need to
get some for little Browyn because there is no way she is going to hit 50
pounds like her brothers.
Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn