[Dailydrool] New Houndie Coming--Tell Us!!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 14:46:35 PDT 2012

Barbara, I am thrilled for you on Norton coming. Congratulations all around!
The meet and greet. Now this is a wonderful subject, I will be watching to see what the droolers say, I have tried all the methods over the years---neutral ground, haul them in thru the front door, the pull them apart method, front yard, backyard, and it seems that it depends on the hounds.
Elder Clara was a hoot--she wagged her tail at Elwood sniffed him and promptly pinned him to the floor. Daisy learned this well, she does the same with Bessie--on a regular basis that is--
Elwood has the walk away method, and Brudder Jake--well--well---Jake is just different. He thinks the rip your face off method is most effective--sigh.

One thing I learned fast---I had to be alpha-and no let up on this.

So Droolers--tell us your stories of the meet and greet-the good, the bad, the growl, and the grins--how did you do it??

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger