[Dailydrool] lemon or strawberries?

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 06:17:39 PDT 2012

Lady was born with very light yellow fur.  She was classified as a
lemon & white on her paperwork.  She's grown into a beautiful red &
white basset.  Strawberry would be a good description.

We had a basset named Scooby (atb) that was definitely a lemon &
white.  His coat was blond and white.  Even his nose was light.

My sister recently adopted a senior basset named Dixie from GABR.
Dixie's paperwork listed her as a red & white. She was from a backyard
breeder.  Everyone that sees Dixie agrees she's a lemon & white
basset.

Dexter is a red & white basset hound.  His paperwork listed red &
white.  His intake pictures showed red & white fur (where he had fur).
 Once his skin issues were cleared up and his coat came back, I
noticed he has a little bit of black mixed in a small area of his back
- guess it makes him a tri-color now?

Jan
Lady & Dexter