[Dailydrool] The Seniors Keep Flooding In

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 06:57:25 PDT 2012

 Hi Everyone,

Basset Rescue of Florida has been inundated with some very special seniors.  We are usually able to "fix" what ails them and place them in a forever home that appreciates them for their wonderful personalities and want to give them a home for whatever time they have left.  We had Molly St Lucie come in a few months back and after two extensive surgeries on her mouth and lots of good grub,  she will be going to a wonderful home next week.  Without the many people who contributed to her vet care,  this would not have been possible.

We have another girl we've named Granny who has come in after being dumped at the Miami animal control.  She's 11+ and has numerous tumors hanging from her neck, belly and sides.  Non of these appear to be cancer - her full body xray is clear and other than an infection somewhere,  her bloodwork and kidneys are great.  She does have some heart issues that we are addressing and she will have to put on a lot of weight before she could be considered for surgery.  This girl needs some special care and we need too ask for help if you can spare some cookie money.  As always our goal is to get them as well as possible to allow them to have as much time possible in a loving home.

Thanks and here is the link to her chip in page.
http://chesterthebasset.chipin.com/grannys-vet-care

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
http://www.bassetrescueflorida.com/