[Dailydrool] Cone of Shame versus SoftCollar

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Wed Aug 8 17:59:37 PDT 2012

Several years ago Sister Holly the Dolly had to wear a cone of shame for
about a week, and my goodness it did not work out well at all.  She hated
it, kept accidentally running into things, could not get in or out the pet
door, couldn't eat or drink without help, and it was very uncomfortable.  So
she figured out how to get it off by angling it into the pet door opening
and snapping it.  Yep.  Don't ever let anyone tell you Bassets are stupid.
So I bought one of the squishy, soft collars and it worked great.  Well,
great according to me, not according to Holly.  She couldn't lick whatever
it was she wasn't supposed to lick, she couldn't get it off, she could eat
and drink, and since she was also able to go in and out the pet door, we
took no pity and kept it on her the whole darn week.  We still have the old
cone of shame, but will not bother using it again, the soft collar works so
much better.  Highly recommended.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net