[Dailydrool] CBHR Letter to Our Drool Friends

bonniethorpe at aol.com bonniethorpe at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 18:33:21 PDT 2012

NOTE: I am posting this on behalf of Stacey Snyder, President of Carolina Basset Hound Rescue
Dear Daily Drool Friends,

I would briefly like to introduce myself.  My name is Stacey Snyder and I have been a volunteer with CBHR for nearly 17 years now.  I have recently (June 2012) taken over the helm of CBHR and have been both humbled and touched by all of the kind words and support from the many friends we have out there.  I was contacted by many of you here on the drool in regards to our Wonderful Wanda and our special George Jetson.  It meant so much to all of us here at CBHR to receive all of the warm wishes for all of our special hounds.  I have recently been alerted to some concerns expressed regarding a volunteer with CBHR who is a breeder of basset hounds.  This is something that concerns me very deeply.

First, I would just like to reiterate that we know there are many excellent responsible breeders out there that do support rescue.  We too have very strong concerns about practices that are considered "backyard breeding" and our organization's mission is contrary to anything resembling backyard breeding.  All of us here at CBHR anxiously await the day when we are no longer needed, when every basset hound and every pet out there has a warm, loving home.  We all would love to see a world where rescue does not exist simply because it is not needed.  However, until that day, we here at CBHR, along with all other rescues I am sure,  are committed to rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming homeless basset hounds.

I am personally checking into the situation and would be happy to report back when I have additional information.

In the meantime feel free to contact me directly at staceyasnyder at gmail.com

Warm Regards,

Stacey Snyder

President