[Dailydrool] Warning Signs

Trish S tlsclm2008 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 09:08:46 PDT 2012

For those with rescued hounds who have some "issues" -- do any of you wear warning signs on your back when you're out walking your babies??? I feel I need to wear a large yellow triangle or blinking red light on my back that says "Warning! we're rescued, cross the street, don't walk past us!" My baby has come soooo far from where he was, but still of course has issues and probably always will. We both accept each other and the baggage we have. When Harrison gets spooked, he has a tendency to lunge. We're working on it. When we're out walking, I always turn around to see if anyone is approaching us, as I don't hear real well and want time to either pull him off to the side or cross the street. Yesterday, I didn't hear a lady walk up behind us and he didn't either until she was up on us. Scared us both and he lunged at her. Thankfully, he just nipped her purse (she was none too pleased). I should have been more alert and wish she'd known better than to
 walk up on us. Was upset about it the rest of the day. I try not to have anxiety when we're out, for I know they pick up on it, it's hard not to. He's been attacked by dogs twice while we're out (I now carry Mace animal repellent)  and I worry something bad will happen to him or someone else. He sure loves to walk though!