[Dailydrool] Charity org info

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Aug 15 21:50:24 PDT 2012

I'm looking for people who have started up a 501c(3) non-profit
organization to give advice and/or point the way to find info. We have a
little group that has drawn up a charter and trust, via an attorney, but
we don't know the next steps. Pretty sure it's been filed with the
state, but no one knows what, if anything, we need to do concerning IRS.
I don't think they plan on doing rescue or asking for donations --
mostly it's just to protect one person's fairly large assets from
getting into the hands of the current local Humane Society, which has
turned out to be something less than desirable (as in lying, scheming
and under-handed, to put it mildly).

I am possibly the world's worst at googling, but if sites are suggested,
will try.

Please reply off-list.
Riche