[Dailydrool] Bug Hunting Tale About BOOMER. Its A Bummer Man! lol :)

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 08:18:48 PDT 2012

When Boomer came to us I didn't think too much of his habit of  stretched
out like a lion ready to pounce with his nose down to the floor  and his eyes
looking intently. I just always thought of him as a sort of James  Thurber
character from one of his illustrations. Really unique and charming
but...yes a tad eccentric ...he perches in wait for an hour or more in what ever
room we are in.  He follows us the way Bassets do to be companionable.  He
just is still waiting facing into a corner a lot.

Boomers name used to be Bummer.   At first when he came to us I  wondered
WHAT he was DOING just facing the corner, head down with his NOSE  POINTING
DOWN ON THE FLOOR  intently looking at the corner.

Boomie will sit for hours just waiting for a bug that usually never  comes.
Yes a James Thurber kinda dawg with a longgggggg body and legs with a  HUGE
NOSE and the softest most soulful eyes you ever could see.  The kind  of
Basset who chases Butterfly shadows even though he sees the actual butterfly.

Our Foster Basset "Boomer" (we  renamed from "Bummer") is a sorta old  guy
who lives with us waiting for his rescue home. He chases bugs and then I
chase him to get the bug out of his mouth. Its an alarming sport really of his
 that I watch out for. Sometimes he thrusts himself missile style after a
moth or  mosquito killer and catches em mid air and THEN I must leap up to
get the bug  outta his big mouth.

 He can not swallow properly and so if he actually GETS A BUG then I  have
to get that bug before it goes down his throat. Boomer is a "MEGASOPHAGUS
DOG" and so he has to eat and drink from his Baileys Chair or high chair. You
 can take a look at Boomer at _www.adoptabasset.net_
(http://www.adoptabasset.net)  he is on BROPS  web page.

IF he swallows a bug then he will gag and gark up drooley gluey spit with
the bug parts...or the bug goes down and gets stuck he garks and sometimes
throws up his previous meal.

His previous name which I thought was to derogative is what we announce out
 when he catches a bug and then starts garking. I have to rush to him and
get his  bug that will make him gag. I hear a SNAP or if he is UP AND GOING
MISSLE STYLE  after a moth or bug and up I go! My husband JP will say dryley
ITS A BUMMER MAN.

Love and Woofs, Alexa
Boomer AKA "Bummer"
Photo of Boomer in his Baileys Chair/ another of him with a 5th Grade
Class of great kids is on our web page.
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)