[Dailydrool] Dexter

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sun Aug 19 15:27:15 PDT 2012

Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about Dexter and his overeating experience.

>From this I have learned that I will never again put a bag of food of any sort anywhere where the hounds can get it.

Dexter has learned that he will do lots of vet visits if he overeats. But I wouldn't doubt that he'd do it again in a minute, given the opportunity.

The medication they gave him at the ER did work. The next morning we went back to our regular vet's, and she took yet another X-ray that showed things were moving through properly. Shortly after we left her office, Dex did his first poop in quite some time. And here I'd been hoping as we went to the vet's that he'd show me some proof that things were fine!

Dex is on an I/D diet for a few days, to make sure he doesn't get an upset tummy from his kibble. Today I started him back on a little kibble, and so far he's fine. He likes being fed three times a day, I think, even though it's small feedings. I just hope he doesn't plan on keeping things this way.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets