[Dailydrool] Bassets (anybody know where all these bassets came from?)

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 21:14:47 PDT 2012

Ok, ok, so my day was not smooth.  They are playing musical chairs at work and
"spinning the current deliverables" and such and for engineers like myself we
get a little quesy to say the least with this kind of stuff going on.  And then
the girls started back to school today and Julianne is taking honors classes and
her friends all dropped them because it is just "too much work" so she's feeling
blue and Natalie doesn't like change and then theres .... oh, wait, this is
about bassets.

I came home a MESS.  LuLu took one look at me and started barking and stomping
her foot (like a bull).  Gracie did her shy little girl impression and gave me
half belly.  There is nothing shy about Snoopy, he gave me full belly.  I
refused to be amused.  So the three of them went out on the patio and had a 3
way roll and tumble out there.  I sat on the floor and watched but I refused to
be cheered up.  So they rushed back inside and kissed me, all 3 of them in
unison.  Snoopy always tries to french kiss me so I'm real careful to keep my
lips pursed .... you gotta watch him.  Anyone know what basset slobber does for
your complexion?  My makeup is hypoallergenic so I'm hoping it's all good.

LuLu said I could hug her.  Gracie sat on LuLu while I hugged her.  Snoopy
ahrooooooo'd at us and said my turn, my turn.  Greg said dinner was ready and so
Snoopy ahroooooooooo'd at Gracie for a while because she wanted to smell the
dinner and Snoopy thought not.   Gracie helicopter wagged at Snoopy while he
ahroooo'd because he has a deep, manly ahrooooooo and she likes it.  We all ate.
 After dinner I told Greg I was thinking the best thing for everyone was for us
to simply keep Gracie.   She jumped up from where she was laying and headed down
the hall.  Minutes later she reappeared carry Juliannes Peter Pan DVD.
 Apparently that was all she needed to hear.   The honeymoon is officially over.

More later from the frazzled and clueless momPerson who has sprouted 3 bassets
somehow ............