[Dailydrool] Afraid of Kittees

Michael Meckler meckler.12 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 21 04:49:53 PDT 2012

My boy has curious reactions around cats as well, and they're on
display on our walks. (No cats at our house.)

My boy loves to track where cats have been, and he carefully
approaches cats when he sees them and tries to engage them in play.
If the cat runs away (which is the standard cat reaction), he wants
to pursue with tail held high.

If, however, the cat stays its ground and stares my boy down, he
starts running sideways away from the cat and makes little barking
noises. And if the cat should approach him -- even if gently purring
-- he runs as quickly as possible behind my legs!